Building UP — With Precast Concrete Panels
Whether you’re a builder or a potential home buyer, looking at an empty lot takes vision to see a new home coming up from the ground. One of your first visionary steps should be to consider a precast concrete foundation.
Energy-efficient and made for fast installation, precast concrete wall panels from Superior Walls create a dampproof basement that’s energy-efficient and reliable.
Below the Ground
As opposed to concrete blocks or poured concrete, Superior Walls precast concrete panels are created in the manufacturing process with dependable insulation, which provides an excellent barrier from exterior conditions.
In construction, the foundation selection is critical. Choosing an energy-efficient precast Xi™ or Xi Plus™ concrete foundation can help ward off heat loss and make the basement a more comfortable area for extended living and storage space. The wall panels provide a dry foundation for a home.
Our Superior Walls
Superior Walls Xi wall panels feature steel reinforced concrete and sturdy insulation to create a barrier against sidewall water penetration. The panels are custom designed for each project and constructed in a factory-controlled setting. Unique features of the Xi wall panels include:
- 5,000+ PSI concrete
- Steel-reinforced top bond beams, concrete studs and footer beams
- Horizontal steel rebar inside top and bottom beams
- Vertical steel rebar inside each stud
- Insulated access holes for ease in wiring and plumbing
- Galvanized steel stud facing ready for drywall finishing
- Insulated corners, studs and bond beams
Superior Walls Xi Plus wall panels have many of the same features of the Xi walls, plus:
- Reinforced polyisocyanurate insulation covering rigid foam insulation (U.S. markets)
- A four-inch insulated footer beam
- A four-inch standard floor slab may be poured equal to the height of the footer beam eliminating the need for an additional screed board.
In the U.S.A., Xi Plus panels are available with a built-in insulation value of R-21.3 and can be insulated up to R-42+. The wall panels provide R-values that meet or exceed energy conservation values from both the IECC and the IRC, and the Xi Plus wall panels can help in the construction of an ENERGY STAR® qualified home.