There’s a certain tangible excitement that can be felt when Superior Walls precast concrete panels arrive on the job site.
Transported on large flat beds and then put in place with cranes, Superior Walls foundation systems inspire awe and admiration. Created to form a comfortable, secure basement setting, the energy-efficient custom panels created by our company are made to help ward off heat loss.
Superior Walls Xi wall panels feature steel reinforced concrete and 2-1/2-inches of insulation to create a barrier against sidewall water penetration. The panels are custom designed and constructed in a factory-controlled setting. Unique features of the Xi wall panels include:
- 5,000+ PSI concrete
- Steel-reinforced top bond beams, concrete studs and footer beams
- Horizontal steel rebar inside top and bottom beams
- Vertical steel rebar inside each stud
- Insulated access holes for ease in wiring and plumbing
- Galvanized steel stud facing ready for drywall finishing
- Insulated corners, studs and bond beams
Superior Walls Xi Plus wall panels have many of the same features of the Xi walls, plus:
- Dow® THERMAX™ reinforced polyisocyanurate insulation covering rigid foam insulation
- A four-inch insulated footer beam
- A four-inch standard floor slab may be poured equal to the height of the footer beam eliminating the need for an additional screed board
Xi Plus panels are available with a built-in insulation value of R-21.3 and can be insulated up to R-42+. The wall panels provide R-values that meet or exceed energy conservation values from both the IECC and the IRC, and the Xi Plus wall panels can help in the construction of an ENERGY STAR® qualified home.