Building a Versatile Basement
CALGARY, ALBERTA – What would you do with an extra floor of living space in your home? Go ahead and dream a little. How would you use “found space” in your next home by having a basement made from pre-cast insulated foundation systems?
Warm and dry, precast concrete wall panels from Superior Walls Alberta (servicing the province of Alberta) and Superior Walls by Magnis (servicing the Manitoba province) are constructed with a concrete face shell, backed by durable insulation.
Having trouble imagining how to use your extra “found space” in the home? The experts at Superior Walls can help. Here’s their own “Top 10 List of Dream Ways to Use a Basement” to add more valuable living space in the home:
1. Home theatre with surround sound, popcorn machine and theatre seating
2. Separate play room area for children and their friends
3. Adult relaxation zone — including pool table, wet bar, air hockey and comfy seating areas
4. Sewing and craft room with walls of shelves for storing supplies and abundant overhead lighting
5. Wine cellar and tasting area, complete with a bar area and sound system
6. Woodworker shop area for serious woodworkers
7. Home office for business … with lots of windows for natural sunlight and sliding glass doors leading onto a pool level for much-needed breaks
8. Study room area with designated computer terminals for each child, abundant bookshelves and a small self-serve kitchen area
9. Home spa with gym equipment, massage chairs and an extra bathroom
10. De-clutter zone for laundry and storage
“There’s nothing like the feeling of having extra living space in your home,” says Jim Costello, president of Superior Walls. “Whether you designate the space as a ‘children zone’ to remove clutter and noise from the rest of the house or use the space as a ‘hobby room,’ livable basements enhance our lives and homes.
“Having basement space that’s comfortable and functional makes so much sense for homeowners. By making the right decisions at the time of construction to use pre-cast insulated foundation systems, homeowners are making a long-term investment in their family’s happiness and in the resale value of their house.”
Installed in just one day on the job site, a Superior Walls foundation is custom made to the specifications of an individual home, including built-in openings for windows and doors. Access for wiring or small plumbing elements, along with smart stud facing for easy drywall installation, are included and help speed up the installation process.
Superior Walls, innovator of the precast concrete foundation system, celebrates 35 years of operation in 2016. The company manufactures the only foundation to have earned the NGBS Green Certified Product designation and has precast concrete system licensee manufacturing operations throughout the United States and Canada.
In 2012 the Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) declared that Superior Walls precast concrete insulated wall panels were evaluated for use in Canada. Superior Walls Alberta, LTD (http://superiorwallsalberta.ca/), located near Calgary, offers Superior Walls products throughout the province of Alberta. Superior Walls by Magnis, Inc. (http://superiorwallsmanitoba.ca/) out of Beausejour, provides Superior Walls products throughout the Manitoba province.